Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"I'm finally here!!"

Well it's official everyone! I have arrived in Fort Collins, Colorado. I just got assigned my new companion, and I will be serving in the YSA Stake here at Colorado State University. I am SO excited about this. And my new companion seems super sweet and very understanding. We have a lot in common and I'm super ready to start this adventure with her. It was such a hard week saying goodbye to my district and my zone. We all grew so close and we had one final testimony meeting before we all left and I was just in tears the entire time. I really have learned what it means to love the way that the Lord loves over these last couple of weeks. I also had to say goodbye to Sis. Waters this morning and that was so difficult. I really hope we get to be companions sometime down the road. She's awesome. Today and yesterday have been so overwhelming, and it doesn't help that I'm running on no sleep. I'm hoping that tonight I'll be able to catch up on some of the hours I've missed haha(: My mission president and his wife are some of the sweetest people ever, and they have such a strong testimony of the gospel. Last night, they had four recent converts come over and share their stories with us. It was such an eye-opening experience and made me even more exciting about being called as a servant to share God's love with all His children who are searching for it. I know it's going to be hard, and I know it will be a lot of work, but I also know that this mission isn't about me, it's about Him. He is the reason why I am who I am, and He is the reason that lives will change. I am just here to help Him reach out to those people. Well, I love you all so much and I'll email a longer email on Monday (P-day!).
Love, Sister Allen