Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 18: "All Smiles Here In Longmont!" (:


                                            *Me modeling a new sweater from mom and dad! :)
Hi everybody!(: I hope you guys all had a great week, and an even better Sunday. This week was so awesome. I think I say that about every week actually, but it's true! We had so many great lessons and opportunities to talk to people about the gospel.
 We had a lesson with Brother C_____ on Monday. It was really neat because he told us that he had been praying the other day about church and everything, and then we knocked on his door(: He's such an amazing person, and it was so wonderful to see him at church this Sunday! I know that the Lord answers prayers, big or small. He loves all of His children unconditionally.
 We met with S______ on Tuesday and talked about the importance of asking simple questions. It really got me thinking about my prayers. Sometimes, I spend all this time focusing on these huge hurdles that I need to overcome, when really it's my faith that needs to increase, or my testimony of the Book of Mormon, or a Christ-like attribute I need to try and be better at. Often, when I am struggling with something, it's because of something underlying that is going on in my own life that can be easily dealt with if I work through it with the Savior's help. We also did service that day, and we raked 14 whole 39 gallon bags of leaves at the Atwood House. It was so much fun though, we sang Disney songs and laughed the whole way through it. My arms were pretty sore the next day, not going to lie. We also visited P___. I just love her. She reminds me so much of my sweet Nana. She has such a strong spirit, and it was neat because we had planned on talking to her about the temple, and that was the first thing that she brought up when we got there! I love how Heavenly Father has a plan, and that sometimes, it aligns perfectly with what we were going to talk about(:
                         *An accurate depiction of how Sis. DeFord and I feel by the end of the day(:
Wednesday was interviews with President Brown. He just loves us so much. I'm so thankful for that, and thankful for the guidance and counsel he gives us each individually so that we can be better missionaries and people. We were out trying to contact a potential (M___) later, and we ran into two girls that are his next door neighbors. We were able to talk to them about the Book of Mormon, and it was really neat because M____ pulled up in his truck and was like, "I can't talk today, but you girls should listen to what they have to say. It's a really good message and they're good people,". It was really cool! We had a lesson with B_______ later, and it went so well. She is such a sweet girl and has really loved mutual and feels confident and comfortable there. I'm so happy to see the progress she is making with the Lord by her side.
 We talked with C______ on Thursday, and she just looks so happy(: It makes me so excited to see the light of Christ in her and I'm so glad that she is enjoying church so much. We also had a lesson with our new investigator J_____ that day. He is a really neat kid, and sincerely wants to be closer to God because he knows how crazy the world is. We were talking to him about prayer and the Holy Ghost, and I told him how I feel when I feel the spirit. Later on in the lesson, he said, "You know that warm feeling that you were talking about earlier? I feel that right now. I just wanted to share that with you guys,". I wanted to jump up and down! I was so happy to hear that and I am so excited to continue helping him learn by the spirit.
 Friday we were able to do service at the Y with Miles. It's so much fun, we love Friday's for that reason. We also got to go and see F_____ that night! His wife, L___, was there, and we were able to talk to her and get to know her better. I know that the gospel blesses families, and that families are the most important unit in Heavenly Fathers plan of happiness. L____ isn't interested in taking the lessons right now, but F____ is still searching for that truth and I know it will bless his whole family as he does so .
 Saturday, everything we planned fell through. But, we were able to go see this sweet lady named J______. She is always working or with the kids, so we dropped a Book of Mormon off last week on her doorstep. She said it's on her shelf and she's going to start reading it soon. I just really love her even though I don't know her that well. She is so genuine, and reminds me a lot of my mom actually. Just a good person. We went and saw the Saxton's, and we watched the Restoration DVD with them. It was so amazing, the spirit was so strong. Brother Saxton shared a very sweet testimony with us when it was over, and we walked out feeling so uplifted. It was beautiful. Later that night, when we were walking, this man and his two dogs passed us. The dogs started walking towards us and he said, "My dogs find you attractive.....(awkward pause because we have no idea how to respond)...and so do I, by the way!". It was very dark outside and pretty much all he could see were our boots, but it was hilarious and flattering nonetheless.
 Sunday was SO great. I just love the ward so much. Everyone is so amazing, and I always learn so much from the kindness and love that people show there. It was really sweet, Sister Chirinos was sitting next to us in Sacrament, and she turned to me and said, "Sister, I am so glad you made the decision to serve,", and then gave me a huge hug. I almost cried. Feeling that love and appreciation from someone that I admire meant a lot to me. We had a lesson with the Griffins after dinner, and it was so awesome because their daughter who is about to be baptized has started a journal where she records her feelings after we do lessons with her. She is so cute and we are so excited for her baptism! We also had a lesson with J_____ (who is now actually going by D_____). It was awesome and he is so much happier lately!
 In companion study this week, Sister DeFord shared a really amazing scripture in D+C 122 with me. It's verses 5-9. It's when Joseph Smith is in Liberty jail. I started crying when I was reading it. I would invite each of you to read that this week, and to remember that God is always there for you, no matter what you are dealing with in your life. He loves you, and He is aware of you.
                                          *Thanks mom and dad for the new shirt and skirt!  (:
 And I love you too!(:
 Love, Sister Allen