Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 21: "And Then There Were Two" (:

                                                                    The Three Musketeers one last time! 

Well it's official!(: Sister Jenson is awesome and we have had such a wonderful week. I love Longmont, I love the people here, and I love this work!

Sister DeFord left on Monday, which was hard but I am so happy for her(: I know that her family is probably loving that she is home and I will always be thankful for the important lessons that she helped me learn while we were companions. We had a great lesson with Sister Morrison and her 8 year old granddaughter that night. Her granddaughter has just started coming to church, and it was neat to have the first lesson with her and talk about Heavenly Father's love for her and plan for her life. We also went and had an FHE lesson with the McKrola's. They are such an awesome family in the ward, and it was neat getting to know them better. 

                                                              Us with the Seyfi's!(: (DeFord's last night)

Tuesday we had a lesson with C_____, and she made us smoothies! It was really sweet. She has been progressing in leaps and bounds, and I know that Heavenly Father is so proud of her. We had a lesson with our new investigator L_____ also, and it was neat because she'd never heard of Joseph Smith before. I love it when we get to tell people about him, and about the fact that they can get answers to their prayers too(:

Wednesday we had a great lesson with S_____. She is so amazing, and truly has a desire to follow the Savior. It was really neat seeing her open up and talk about the things that are in her heart. Later that day we had a lesson with J_____. We were able to help him understand why baptism is important, and why the Priesthood is so necessary and special when it comes to making that step towards Christ. He seems to understand a lot better now, and he has said that he'll be baptized when he gets an answer that these things are true(: We had a lesson with F_____, and his two older sons were also there! F_____ is an amazing person, he really does have such a Christ-like Spirit about him and wants to do all he can to follow the Savior. He is such a good dad, and such a good example to his sons. He is going to be getting baptized in a couple weeks(: I couldn't help but cry when we talked to him about it, he really is so excited and happy, and you can see the difference the gospel is making in his life. I came home Wednesday night to THREE Valentine's packages(: So thank you to Sister Adcock, Papa and Grandma, and my Mom and Dad for making me feel so loved! You're all so wonderful. 

We met so many new people through tracting on Thursday! It was such a miracle. I can't wait to have lessons with all of them this week(: We had a lesson with C__________, and talked about the importance of the sacrament. She has such a strong testimony, I know once she comes to church and feels the Spirit again, she will have so much more happiness in her life. We had dinner with Brother and Sister Prestwich that night, and it was so much fun. They are so cute together, and Sister Prestwich really does tell the funniest stories. Later, we had a lesson with D_____, R_____, and C_______. It was so cool getting to teach them about the Plan of Salvation. They really do have such a desire to progress, and I know that as they read the Book of Mormon and come to church, they will be able to feel the peace and joy that comes from truly living the gospel. 
                                                                                               So happy!

We had a Stake Women's Conference on Friday. It was seriously amazing, I left feeling spiritually refreshed and ready to take on the world haha. Brother Jacobsen was the speaker, and he talked all about personal peace. Something he said that really stuck out to me was that we need to ask the Lord to strengthen you so that you can solve problems on your own. We can't just ask the Lord to take away our burdens, but we can ask Him to give us the strength to carry them.

Saturday was such a special day(: The Baker's daughter was baptized, and F______ came to the baptism! I was so glad he was able to experience that. We were out tracting later on, and all of a sudden, a BLIZZARD started and sideways snowflakes were pelting our faces/everything. We couldn't see and we were like 10 minutes away from the stake center. We finally got there and I looked like I'd just stepped out of the shower, and all we could do is laugh about it haha. We had a lesson with F______, and planned out his baptismal program. He was talking about the baptism, and how he felt the Spirit so strong and couldn't wait for his own. It was really amazing(: 

Yesterday, church was so uplifting. I love taking the sacrament every week(: It seriously helps me get through my week so much easier, because I get to start it with a renewal of all the covenants that I've made with my loving Heavenly Father. We also got to see A____ and Z____. A____ hasn't been to church in a long time, and Z____ isn't a member, and they are both so nice! I'm so excited to meet with them next week!
From left to right: Sister Jenson, Me, Sam, Lizzy, Elisabeth, and Kate(: I love these people. Lizzy and Elisabeth are seriously two of my best friends in the ward.

This week, I have felt so positive, and I know that it's because the Lord is strengthening me as I seek that spiritual strength. He wants to lift us up, and help us stay happy and strong, we just have to have the humility and trust to ask Him. Christ came here so that we could partake of His mercy and His love. His Atonement is for all of us. No matter what we have done, no matter what we've been through, His grace covers it all. In Jacob Chapter 6 verse 5 it says, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of day, harden not your hearts,". 

Now is the time to come unto Christ. He loves you, and His mercy is all for YOU. Don't procrastinate, don't take His sacrifice for granted, and don't be afraid to grow and change. You are loved, and you are good enough. All things can be made right through Him(:

I love you guys! Have a great week! 
Love, Sister Allen