Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 26: "6 More Weeks!! (:"




Our District! From left to right: Her. Hansen, Her. Benny, Sis. Jenson, Elder Westrup, Me, Elder Christensen, Elder Croft, Elder Carstens, and Elder Proffit (one of our Zone Leaders).

Hey everyone!(: I hope you all had an amazing week. We found out about transfers on Saturday, and I will be staying in Longmont with Sister Jenson for six more weeks! I'm so excited and can't wait to see the miracles that the Lord has in store for the people here. 

We had an amazing lesson with R_______ and S______ this week. It honestly was one of the most spiritual experiences that I've had out here on my mission. It was so cool to see they're understanding grow as we talked about the Restoration. Brother Gee testified of Joseph Smith's role as the prophet, and it was wonderful. S______ said that coming to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints felt like coming home. It was so sweet and I will never forget that experience. 

We had a lesson with S____, and invited her to watch General Conference. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet here on the earth today, and I know that listening to his words and following his council will keep us safe in a world that is on a downward spiral. S_____ is so sweet and I can see the joy that is coming into her life because of the gospel. We had our last District Meeting with Elder Croft and Elder Carstens before they leave. Our District really has become best friends. It's sad to see them go. During our meeting, this boy walked in and said that he was told that if he needed help he could come to the church. We talked to him for a little bit. He's been homeless since he was 13 years old, and he just had the most tired look in his eyes. We have an amazing Bishop and I know that he is going to do all he can to help him.
We made cookies for everyone at our last District Meeting! They were Sis. Jenson's recipe, and they looked so good!

The next day, we were walking down the street and we saw the same boy again! We talked with him for a while and let him know that God loves him and that we would do whatever we could to help him, and when we were leaving, he shook our hands and looked us in the eye and said, "Thank you so so so much. You have no idea how much this means to me,". It brought tears to my eyes, because you could see how much it meant to him. I hope that we can start meeting with him soon, and help him realize the love that God has for him. Then, we had a lesson with Ce______. It was so awesome, and he is the coolest guy ever. He is compiling the Bible into a rap. He's been working on it for 15 years. We talked to him about the Plan of Salvation, and it was so cool because he said he felt a "tingling" feeling. Sister Seyfi explained to him that it was the Holy Ghost. It was awesome. We had lesson with Sister H____ later, and she told us that when she saw us walking up to the door, she didn't have her glasses on but she knew that it was us walking up because we walked with confidence, like we were walking with Heavenly Father and Jesus. It was so sweet. Later, we had dinner at Five Guys (I found out that I can eat their fries! So exciting). S_____ works there and so she gave us free food cause she's the best. While we were there, this man came up and introduced himself to us. He is a Bishop in Nampa, Idaho, and he was baptized in Longmont when he was 26. He came and sat and talked with us for a little bit, and asked us how the work was going. Before he left, he looked us in the eye and said something that I won't ever forget because it was really powerful. "I know this isn't easy, but don't ever get discouraged. Stay positive, because this right here is the best thing you could ever be doing,". It lifted my spirits(: 

We had a lesson with D____ and C_______. I love those two so much. I seriously am so happy that we have been able to see them grow in the gospel. C_______ is getting baptized soon and she is so excited about it. It's so neat to see them taking steps to improve their relationship with God. 

Women's Conference was so uplifting. I heard so many things that brought such comfort and peace to my heart. I especially loved the part where it talked about how Christ is the hope that comforts us no matter where we are on our journey home to our Heavenly Father. I know that is true. I am so thankful for my Savior. For His infinite compassion and mercy towards me and towards all the people that I love. I feel so blessed to have the knowledge of His love in my life. It's changed me in such a way that I could have never done alone. 

                              Sister Jenson and I with a creepy baby doll that we found at the church. 

Sunday was magical. We had five of our investigators come to church, and R_________ brought one of his friends from work. R_______ and C_____both bore their testimonies, and it was such a neat experience! I love seeing people come to church and feel of the spirit that is there. I know that is such an essential part in deepening our conversion to the Lord. I'm so thankful for the Sacrament, for the fact that we can have a clean slate each week and recommit ourselves to be more like Christ. We were asked to speak at a fireside in another ward later, and it was awesome. All about missionary work, and their were lots of kids there! It was cool to see how many of them were thinking about serving. We ended the night with a visit to Dw_____. He is progressing slowly but surely, and he really is such a good man. I'm thankful for the strength the Lord is giving him. 

I love this work, I love my Savior, I love my companion, I love my family, and I love all of you that are reading this! Thanks for all your support and prayers, I know it helps me, especially on the days when things are hard.

Love, Sister Allen