Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 30: "Thankful" (:



                                                                                       "Happy Missionary" (:

Hey everyone(: This week, the only word I can think of to describe my feelings are thankful. I am so so grateful to be here, so grateful for my Savior, and so happy that I am growing, changing, and becoming who God needs me to be. 

So many miracles happened this week, I don't even really know where to begin. We had interviews with President Brown, and that was wonderful. I love knowing that my Mission President loves and cares about each of his missionaries so individually. I know that he and Sister Brown pray for us and are here to help us. Afterwards, we went tracting. We knocked on so many doors, and no one was interested. We had about five minutes left before we had to go to our next appointment, and we both decided that there was someone on that street that the Lord wanted us to find. The next door we knocked on, we met a young man named J____. He told us we could come back and share a message with him. We taught him the Restoration the next day with Sister Seyfi, and the spirit was so incredibly strong. Yesterday, he told us his aunt invited him to attend church with her and he won't be taking the discussions anymore, but he was thankful that we helped "get him on the right track". I know that even though he isn't going to investigate at this time, someday his heart will remember that spirit that was felt and he will want to know more.
                                                                "Creepy donkey in someone's yard...haha" (:

We had an amazing lesson with R_______ and S_______. They are so prepared, and they are truly embracing the gospel with their whole hearts. It is a beautiful thing to witness(: We had dinner with them and the Gee's at their house, and they told us that we are the first people they've had over for dinner since moving here, and they've been here for 20 years! It's so sweet to know that they trust us all and appreciate the spirit that we bring. I know that the Lord is working miracles in their lives and will continue to do so(:

An amazing breakthrough happened with C______ this week. Last Sunday, Sister Jenson and I had a companionship fast for him, because the only hold up he has had is being baptized again (he was baptized into a Baptist church). When we went over this week, he said that he was finally out of Luke (in his Bible rapping) and into John. He said that when he was reading John 3:5, he felt the impression that he needs to be baptized. SO COOL. The spirit is amazing. Brother Andersen and his sister-in-law Savannah came with us, and you could tell that he prepared so much for the lesson because he and C______ had some very meaningful and powerful discussion about baptism, the priesthood, and overcoming addiction. I love the awesome members in our ward. Cedric is an amazing man and we're so excited for him!!(:

                        "My old companion, Sister Metzger and I on splits last week...yes it snowed!! :/"

Our lesson with R________ was amazing this week. She has such a strong spirit. She's going through a lot right now, but still has such a desire to learn and progress. It's really awesome. After seeing her, we went with Samuel and Emily and saw D____, R______, C______, and M______. We re-taught the Plan of Salvation. It was AMAZING because R_______ was testifying to M_______ of the truthfulness of it. So cool to witness that. The spirit was really strong. R_______ asked Sam to offer the closing prayer, and Sister Jenson suggested we all kneel. It was such a spiritual experience. After that, we met with S_________. What a wonderful man. We love him.

On Friday, Sis. Jenson and I got invited by President and Sister Brown to go to this Leadership Meeting. It was so awesome. Elder Martino from the Seventy spoke, and it was such a great learning experience for me. Something that really stuck out to me is that we shouldn't have to do lists, we should have to be lists. The gospel is all about becoming who God needs us to be(: 
                                                               "This poor guy installs "sprinkles" haha!" (:

We met with J____ again! He's so sweet. When we taught about the Plan of Happiness, it really seemed to click with him. It's so cool when people understand that there is a purpose to this life, and a huge part of that purpose is to experience true joy. Then we met with a new investigator named L____, who we met while walking. He's so awesome. 

Bishop asked us to speak in sacrament meeting yesterday. I was asked to speak on reactivation. I prayed and prayed the night before that I would be able to not be nervous and that the spirit would help me know what to say. I felt impressed to share the story of Aminadab in Helaman. I talked about how it related to my life, and God's love for all of us. It was really amazing to be able to share my testimony with so many of the people that I love here in Longmont. After I got done speaking, I heard this very loud "Well, AYYYYMEN," from the back of the chapel. C______(: We've determined that however loud he says amen determines how much he liked what was said. So I'm glad that he felt the spirit hahaha(: 
                                            "Sister Jenson and I with Emily and Sam...they are wonderful!"

I am so happy. So thankful to be a missionary. So thankful for the amazing best friends I have met on my mission, for the joy that comes from sharing the gospel with those friends. I love them with all my heart and I love my Savior with all that I am. 

"And when the Spirit of God is upon me, I think it matters but very little what I suffer, what I sacrificed - whether I secure the honor or dishonor of men, or where I die, if it so be that I can keep the faith, fight the good fight, and finish my course with JOY. I have all eternity before me, in which to enjoy myself,". - Parley P. Pratt

Love, Sister Allen <3