Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 32: Yes, she emailed late Monday night!! "No Sleep Till Transfers!"

                                                                Our Sister Allen xoxo

Hi Everyone, this is Sister Allen's mom, the editor of the blog! :)  We were out of town this last week and that is why I posted Sister Allen's email from last Monday today!   We got an email late last night from a member of the ward where Sarah is serving.  They said transfer calls came in late Saturday night and our Sister Allen is leaving today for Casper, Wyoming!!!  It is about 3 hours north of Longmont!  Sister Allen won't be able to email us today because she is packing and getting on the road!  I know she LOVED serving in Longmont and will miss that area so much!  We are excited to hear about Casper and the wonderful people she will meet there!  Thanks for loving and praying and supporting our Sister Allen!  :)
*Update: Sister Allen emailed us around 5:00 pm Monday night after she had gotten to Casper, I didn't see it until much later though, I wish I would have known she was emailing!  Here it is:

                                                                                                  Best friends(:

Oh my goodness, this week has been a little bit crazy, but still wonderful. I have officially been transferred! We found out on Saturday and I just got here like 2 hours ago. I will now be serving as an STL in Casper, Wyoming with Sister Williamson. I'm excited for this new adventure and I know that there's a reason I'm here. I love Longmont and am going to miss everyone SO much, especially Sister Jenson. I can honestly say that she is my best friend. God knew that I needed a friend like her in my life. She is so wonderful and I feel very blessed to have spent part of my mission with her. I know she's going to continue to do amazing things throughout her mission. I trust the Lord and know that He has a plan for me(: I can't wait to meet the people I am meant to meet here and see people come closer to the Savior.

We went to Estes Park with the Andersen's on Monday! They are seriously the most wonderful family. I love them so much and am going to miss them. We had a lot of fun and it was beautiful and rainy and misty up there in the mountains. It was a great last p-day in Longmont and I'm really happy we got to go.
                                                           Church on a Rock in Estes(:
                                         There is beauty all around...when you're with your best friends(:

We had an awesome lesson with C______this week. He is so cool. Last week, he was feeling so positive about baptism and then when we saw him this week, something seemed different. We asked him what had changed and he told us he had watched a TV preacher and was feeling a little confused. Brother and Sister Andersen bore super powerful testimonies about how God is the only source of complete truth and how C______ needed to trust the answer that he received from Heavenly Father. Brother Andersen also talked about how C______ had a glow the last time he saw him and how it was different this time. The Holy Ghost truly does change your countenance; it makes you a happier and brighter person. And C_____ said, "I want to get that glow back,". It was really neat(: I know that the Lord is going to help him receive answers to his prayers and continue to progress. I can't wait to hear all about it! 

We also got to meet with J___ and it was so amazing. Brother and Sister Seyfi came and really connected with him. J____ normally really loves to talk and it can be hard to get him to stay focused, but the spirit was so strong and he was really listening and pondering as we talked to him about the gospel. After the lesson, he said that he loves how he feels when we come over. I know that his heart has been touched and am so happy for him! 

R_______ and S______ are wonderful. We weren't able to meet with them this week because S_______ really hurt her shoulder and then their son's basement flooded. Satan really does have a way of making a mess of things. Their faith is so strong though, and they'll be getting baptized as soon as possible(: I'm so incredibly excited for them to make those promises with Heavenly Father. They are going to do amazing things with the Holy Ghost by their side! So cool to think about. 

A lot of other really amazing things happened, but my brain is honestly like mush right now because I'm running on not very much sleep and a lot of stress but it is all good! I love the Lord. I love this gospel. It has changed/is continuing to change me in the best way possible. My heart is so happy knowing that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. He has placed specific people in my life that have helped me feel that love and happiness. Emily, Samuel, Sister J, the Andersen's/Doherty's, the Seyfi's; you all have played a huge role in helping me come closer to Christ and supporting me in this marvelous work. I can't thank you enough and love you all so much. I'm so thankful for the Plan of Salvation, for the fact that friendships and family continues on into the eternities. I love my family and am so thankful for them(: 
 From left to right: VonKompin's, Andersen's, Sista J, Me, Doherty's(: Aka my family away from home. 
                                                                Emily's beautiful new hair + sassy Samuel.

I hope you all have the best week ever! Never forget how much you are worth and how much you are loved(:

Love, Sister Allen