Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 33: "It's A Good Day, Every Day" (:

                                                          Me and my new companion, Sister Williamson! (:


Hey everyone!(: This week has been crazy busy but so awesome. I'm so thankful to be serving in Casper. I've met people that I know I'm meant to be here for, and it's amazing to know that Heavenly Father really does have the best plan for my mission and my life.
 
We moved apartments as soon as I got here! It was a little hectic but our new place is so much better than the old one and is a lot closer to our area, so it's really nice. We had an awesome experience happen. We had just gotten done having dinner with the Ball's (they are seriously some of the nicest people that I've ever met). Sister Ball told me, "You can tell your mom that you have a family here that loves you and is going to take care of you,". She's so sweet. Also, she makes some of the best allergy-free food that I have ever eaten. Anyways, we were walking home from their house and we saw this couple trying to move a water bed into their trailer. We asked if they needed help and the woman said, "No thanks. Hey, are you missionaries?" and we were like, "Yes!". She proceeded to tell us to come inside. Turns out she is a less-active member of the church! We were able to share a message about God's love for her, and it was so cool to see her bear her testimony of the gospel. She has been through a lot of hardship, especially recently, but I know that we were meant to find her so that she could be reminded that she is never alone(: We are excited to continue to meet with her!
                              Me and my very cool pen holder...."Schmidt" (New Girl fans will understand) (:
 
B______ S__, our investigator, fed us dinner on Thursday. It was so nice to get to know her. Their whole family is so hilarious. They had a couple of friends over who are also members and it was lots of fun. We were able to share a message about the 2000 Stripling Warriors and it was really cool. B______ S__ is so nice and I'm excited to continue to serve and love her and her family and help her prepare to be baptized. Her son is also preparing for baptism(: So exciting!
 
We had an awesome Zone Meeting this week! We gave a training at it on Charity and Patience. The Zone Leaders gave a really awesome training on being better and more unified missionaries. They left us with a challenge: to pray to see ourselves clearly. That way, we can see what it is that we can improve on and what God wants us to do in order to make those improvements. That simple challenge has helped me so much this week. I have grown closer to my Savior and my Heavenly Father because of it, and I know what I need to do to be the best me that I can be.
                                                                   A picture from last week in Longmont....(:
 
Last night, I had one of the best experiences I've ever had on my mission. We were visiting the S_________. They are less-active, and they are such a wonderful couple. Brother S______ opened up a lot about how he lost his faith when his wife was going through all of her medical problems. He was angry at God and he turned away from him. He then talked about how he was able to repent and how he's felt his faith growing, but it's still not where it used to be. It was so cool, because the Holy Ghost prompted me to share with him the challenge that we were given at Zone Meeting. I was able to invite him to pray to see himself clearly, and to promise Heavenly Father that whatever it is that he needs to change, he'll do it. He said that he had never thought to ask that before, and that he is going to do it. It was really amazing feeling the spirit so strongly and knowing that it really is something that God can help him with. We already know a few of the things that are holding him back, but he doesn't see them as problems. God has a way of opening our eyes, allowing us to recognize the things that are important and the things that really don't matter. He has an eternal perspective, and so seeing things through His eyes and doing things in His timing really is the best way, even it it's not exactly what we want.
                                            Casper, WY!!  This is what I get to see everyday...and I LOVE it!!
 
This week has been so humbling. I've learned how much I truly need to rely on my Savior in everything that I do. I know that when we trust in Him and open our hearts to His guidance, we really are happier people. I'm so thankful for His patience with me, and all the love that I have felt from Him and the people surrounding me this week.
 
I love you all!
 
Love, Sister Allen