Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 35: "Chocolate Chip Cookies.....and 8 months!!"(:



Hiiii everybody!(: Can I just say, this week has been a week of
miracles! Well, I feel like every week on the mission is like that,
but this one in particular haha. I hope that you have all been able to
recognize the miracles that have been in your lives this week too! The
Lord is constantly blessing us, even if it's not in the way or at the
time that we expect. Also, CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATING LITTLE
BROTHER(: I am so proud of you, and your graduation announcement was
probably the funniest thing I've ever seen. I love you!

We had such a great Monday! We watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the
Restoration together and ate food and just had a great time. I love
Sister Williamson. Anyways, if you guys haven't seen that movie, you
should definitely watch it. I know, without a doubt, that Joseph Smith
truly is a man that God called to help restore Christ's church. I know
that he is a prophet of the Lord, and that he sacrificed so much of
his life just so we could have the gospel and another testament of
Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful for that sacrifice, because this gospel
has truly changed my life.



We saw so many wonderful less actives this week! I'll just tell you
about a few. Sister C______ is just so sweet. She has such a strong
testimony of Christ's atonement. We got to see B______ and have a very
spiritual conversation with her and her friends and family. She still
has so much faith, it's really cool to see. Also, she and her family
really want to feed us, so that'll be fun! We had an amazing lunch
with Brother H________(: he is so nice. It was our first time meeting
with him and we all just clicked so well. His roommate was there also,
and she is so cute. We were able to share the He Lives video with
them, and Brother H________ talked about how he just needs to know truth
for himself. I remember that feeling. I know that he can receive
answers from God as he prays. Heavenly Father doesn't want us to be
confused, He doesn't want us to feel alone. Prayer bridges that gap,
it allows us to communicate directly with someone who loves us more
than we can comprehend. What a blessing(:

We got two new investigators this week! K________ is so awesome. She is a
former investigator who we visited, and she still had her copy of the
Book of Mormon(: We were able to testify boldly, and she said we can
come back and teach her more. I can't wait to talk to her about the
Plan of Happiness!! Then, we had a lesson with P_______ and E__________.
We taught them the Restoration, and the spirit was so powerful(: it
was honestly such an amazing feeling. Sharing the First Vision was so
special, you could tell that it really impacted them both. E_________
isn't a member, and they said they will read the Book of Mormon and
pray, and that they'll be coming to church! After the lesson, she
said, "Thank you so much for coming over, that was really good. I can
tell that you are really passionate about this, that you really know
it's true,". I love them and am so excited for them!!(:

We had two amazing lessons with B_______ S__ this week, and she is
progressing so well. I love that family so much. On Saturday, they had
the L_____'s and Sister F______ over again and we had a big barbecue. It
was so awesome. One of the L_____'s daughters is so sweet and talked
with me the whole time about being a missionary. She has such a strong
testimony already. It's so cool to see someone so young with so much
faith. I know that so many of the youths are like that, and I'm so
thankful for that strength that they have. It is much needed.

An awesome family in the ward made me allergy free chocolate chip
cookies this week(: It was so sweet, and a great little 8 month mark
celebratory treat! I can't believe that I'm almost halfway done with
my mission. I am so thankful to be here. I learn something new every
single day. The Savior is making me into a better missionary, a better
sister, a better daughter, and a better friend. I'm so thankful for
the stretching and growing that I'm experiencing, even though it's
hard sometimes. Every day is a beautiful day to be alive(: there is so
much happiness, so much pure joy, that comes from this gospel, if we
simply live it.

I love you all and hope that you have an amazing week!

Love, Sister Allen