Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week 41: "Be His Friend"(:

                                            *Me and my purdy companion with the Fife's daughter Bina 
                   (this picture was actually very painful because my hair is getting pulled hahah)*

Hey everyone(: I hope you all had a wonderful week. I am so happy. So happy to be a missionary, so happy that I have so many amazing people supporting me in this great work for the Savior, and just so happy to be living the gospel. It truly is such a blessing.

This week was busy! And we had some really hilarious experiences happen. We had lots of opportunities to do service and a ton of awesome less active lessons. It was great. While we were at Joshua's, I was helping this man get his food, and my toe cramped!!! I don't know if you've ever had that happen but it is so painful. I was like trying not to freak out and just keep smiling but I was slightly falling over and it was so awkward. I was finally like "Okay, I'm sorry, my toe is cramping and it's super painful so hold on,". He was cracking up and I was so embarrassed haha. Then, this news reporter guy comes in and starts filming a commercial for Joshua's. Both Sister Williamson and I really hate being on camera and so it was a little mortifying. 

We had an awesome lesson with Sister C____________. She's grown so much and it's amazing to see how the gospel really is helping her to find peace in her life, even in the midst of trials. We also had an amazing lesson with Sister S_______. Did I mention that she and her husband were at church last week? It was awesome(: she's got such a good heart. 

B______ S__ and her family were out of town all week, so we didn't get to see them at all, which was so weird! But we have some great lessons planned with them for this week(: She asked us to water her plant for her while she was gone, she said that as long as we had faint would live. So we go over two days after they leave on their trip, and it's shriveled up over by the window! She has literally had this plant for forever. We were freaking out. Luckily, Sister Williamson is much better at taking care of plants than I am. She brought it back to life and it looks happy now, so all is well.

We had a great lesson with the B____'s daughter on forgiveness. She has a lot of faith, and it was cool because when we asked if she knew anyone who could use the gospel, she had a friend in mind already. I love when that happens. I know that it's the spirit prompting people to share this joy with their friends. Then, we went and saw C____ and A______. They just seem so much happier, even with the lack of sleep from little baby J___. They were all at church last week as well and that was so cool to see. We talked about the importance of obedience and how it truly does bless our lives. I know that the commandments of God are not meant to confine us, they are meant to free us. They help us to be truly happy, and to avoid the bondage of sin and heartache. His plan is perfect, and when we seek to follow it and repent when we have our moments where we falter, we really can find the peace and love that we are meant to have in this life.

On the way home from their house, we saw seven raccoons! I was terrified, and Sister Williamson was laughing at me. In my defense, the only time I've seen a raccoon is in the movie Elf, and that one was vicious, so I had every right to be afraid haha. 

We had an awesome FHE with the Fife's(: I seriously love that family. Sister Fife is so wonderful. She's like my long lost older sister I swear. I love seeing the joy they have in their family and feeling the spirit that is in their home. It's comforting and reassuring. I'm excited to have that someday. 

We had to give a training at Zone Meeting this week! It was scary, but I'm thankful for the Holy Ghost and the promptings that it gives to us. We talked about the importance of diligence in the work and I was really thankful that some people participated, because not every one was getting involved. One of the elders in our zone, Elder Brickey, bore his testimony on diligence and it was really awesome. We also asked a lot of others to participate in bearing their testimonies and they did a wonderful job. After that, we started our exchanges with the Riverton sisters! I got to go to Riverton with Sister Gardner and it was a blast!  We had a great dinner with President and Sister Cooper (who are over the YSA Branch there), and we had such a fun time getting to know each other better(: we got to go to this fun Bishopric Breakfast together, and this cute little girl taught me how to say "I love you" in German. Sister Gardner is so kind. She's a wonderful missionary and she is doing an awesome job with training. 

Once we exchanged back, Sister W and I had an amazing lesson with Brother H_______. His mom is living with him now, and she is so sweet! She served a mission and has such a strong testimony. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Brother H______, and it was really cool to see him have a desire to be so involved. It was a very powerful lesson, and his mom bore testimony of how the gospel has blessed her life. It was truly wonderful. And the best part? He was at church yesterday!(: it was so exciting. He is truly striving to have a better relationship with the Savior. He's awesome.

This week, I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be a true friend. A friend is someone who listens, who cries with you, who helps you be better, who lifts you up, and who genuinely cares. The Savior is our best friend. He loves us more than we can comprehend, He listens to us when we reach out for Him, He comforts us when we are sad, lonely, or feeling hopeless. He lifts us, gives us strength, and helps us to be better. He genuinely cares about each and every one of us. He gave everything that He had, for us. Are we true friends to the Savior? Do we listen to His voice and give heed to His words? Do we remember the tears He shed on our behalf? Do we thank Him for helping us be better? Do we lift Him up above the rest of the things that we are surrounded by in this increasingly selfish world? Do we genuinely care about Him? These are questions I've asked myself this week, and I feel like it's helped me open my eyes and earnestly strive to be a better friend to Him. I love my Savior, I am so thankful for His sacrifice and his grace. He helps me every day, and I couldn't do this work without Him.

I hope you all can reflect on these questions this week(: 

Ich Liebe Dich!(: 

Sister Allen