Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 43: "The Best Birthday Gift EVER"(:

                                               The view from the top of Casper Mountain!

Oh my goodness, so many things to say and not enough time. First of
all, thank you so much to everyone who has made my birthday so
special. You're all so sweet and I just love ya. I'm so thankful for
the people God has given me in my life. I am just so happy!!(:

                                                               B_______ S___'s baptism!! 

 We had an amazing week. Busy, exhausting, stressful, but so so so
amazing. The most wonderful part was B_____ S__ and C____'s baptism. It
was so awesome to see Brother H________ baptize them, and B_____ S__ looked beautiful in her white dress (she turned her wedding dress into
her baptism dress). That family has a special place in my heart, and
it brings me so much joy to see them coming closer to Christ together.
Seeing the joy on B______ S__'s face once she walked out of the water
was priceless. And, they were baptized in the river, so that was
pretty cool. President and Sister Brown showed up, which was such a
nice surprise! There were five other 8 year olds who were baptized as
well. It was a very spiritual experience and one that I know I'll
never forget.

After the baptism, B______ S__ threw a little combined birthday dinner
(her birthday was on Sunday) and it was so much fun. I love her. On
Sunday, she got the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Talk about the best
birthday present ever. The spirit was powerful and I couldn't help but
shed tears of joy. It was cute, afterwards she said, "You know, the
fact that I'm getting such an awesome gift kinda makes up for the fact
that I'm turning 30,". Haha so wonderful(:

                                                                       I'm 21 today!!
 Sister W made me a poster just like my family does back home!! She is awesome!

                                                                Hiking for my birthday! 
We had so many great lessons with so many people that I just love. We
met with Brother H_______. Brittany and her parents came, and we all had
lunch together. We talked to him about the importance of obedience to
God's commandments. It was so great. Brittany bore a powerful
testimony of how obedience has blessed her life. I know that obedience
to God's commandments really does bring blessings. When we are
obedient, we show our Heavenly Father that we love Him. When I look at
the beauty all around me, at the people in my life, and the every day
miracles that I experience, I am so filled with gratitude. I know that
saying prayers of thanks is one way to show that gratitude, but I also
know that acting on that thankfulness that is in my heart is just as
important. I'm grateful for the guidance and the commandments that God
gives to us.


                                                             Bowling with Aunt Julie! (: 
 We got to see Sister T a lot this week. I love her. She is such a good
example to me in so many ways. It was really sweet, she gave me a
beautiful little heart necklace for my birthday. She really is one of
my favorite people. We also got to see Aunt Julie! She took us bowling
last Monday, and she came to the baptism on Saturday.

                                                 Awesome family that we went hiking with!
Yesterday in church, we had a great sacrament meeting that was focused
on pioneers. Brother Jones, one of the new member of our Ward, said
something that really stuck out to me. He said, "The pioneers have
left a legacy of diligence, faith, and love. What legacy do you want
to leave?". I have pondered that a lot. I want to leave a legacy that
would make my Savior happy. I want to leave a legacy of love and
happiness, of compassion and kindness, of faith and trust, of strength
and diligence. I want to leave a legacy that I can look back on with
joy in my heart, knowing that I gave all that I had to the person who
gave His all for me. I love this work. I love being a missionary. I
love seeing people's lives change. I love seeing the peace that comes
from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives, I know
that this is real, it is true, and it is the greatest blessing in my
life.

                          Me at the top of Casper Mountain for my birthday hike on P-day!!   

 Sorry this is so short, my brain is all over the place and so I'm just
going to end it now. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic
week!

Love, Sister Allen