Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 44: "My Comfort Zone" (:

                                             Sister "Dubya" and I having too much fun! (:


Hey everyone(: I hope you all had a great week. This week here in
Casper has been wonderful, but the last couple days have been
bittersweet and full of tears. Sister Williamson is getting
transferred to Johnstown, CO for the last transfer of her mission. I
know that she will do amazing things no matter where she's serving. I
love her so much and am so thankful that the Lord placed her in my
life. She has taught me so much and I will miss her dearly. Saying
goodbye to your best friends is the hardest part of transfers.

As for me, I get another amazing 6 weeks to be here in Casper(: I'm so
happy about that. I love the people here with all my heart and after
the miracles we've seen this week, leaving is the last thing I wanted.
My new companion's name is Sister Martin. I know nothing about her,
but I'm excited. I know there is something I'm supposed to learn from
her, and I am thankful for this chance to change and grow. I know that
the Lord has a plan, and I will go where He wants me to go and be with
whoever He needs me to be with in order to move this marvelous work
forward. I love my Savior.

                                    Sister W ate the cake and I blew out the candle! (:

Monday was SO much fun!(: so many people made my birthday special. We
went hiking with the Ungricht's and then we went out to dinner with
the Miller's. Later that night, we went over and had a lesson with
C___ and A_______. They have both been going through some difficult
things. We talked to them about how praying and reading their
scriptures together will bring them peace and comfort through times of
sorrow. C____ said, "I know that's true, because as soon as you two
walked in the door, I felt better,". I love the spirit(:

                                                            Dinner with the Miller's (: 

 We have an amazing Ward Mission Leader, Bro. Tilley. Our Ward
Coordination meeting on Tuesday was so uplifting and motivating, I
really felt the spirit as we set goals together. I know that the Lord
loves when we set righteous goals in our lives. It shows Him that we
are working towards something, and that we want His divine assistance
in reaching it. I'm thankful for His guidance in all things, and
especially in our meetings. We had an awesome District Meeting too.
Elder Cloward, our District Leader, is getting transferred, and we're
all a little sad. He's done an awesome job here in Casper.
                                               Our District, everyone is leaving me now! 

 We got to see Sister T___________ this week. She is so wonderful. It was
my first time meeting her and she is just the coolest and sweetest
lady. She told me that I looked really familiar. I don't think it's a
coincidence that we met(: I'm excited to share more of the gospel with
her in the coming weeks. We had a great lesson with the S_________'s. We
shared The Family Proclamation with them, and it was really neat. We
saw B_____ S__ and her family as well. The temple is on the horizon for
that amazing family, and it is such a miracle and a blessing to be
able to be a small part in their spiritual journey. I love them. We
also got to see Sister T___________. She is like me and Sister
Williamson's third amigo. We laugh together, we cry together, we share
in the spirit and love of Christ together. It's a true friendship. I'm
thankful for her.

Our lesson with the C_____________'s was so great. They're granddaughter,
S_______________, always sits in on the messages we share. We invited her to
take the lessons for herself, and she said she would love to! So
exciting. She's so cute and really does have a desire to learn. We
were able to teach her how to pray (she's never done it before) and
that was such a special experience. I can't wait to see her grow in
the gospel. 

We also had a very cool opportunity to share the gospel
with someone who doesn't live here in Casper. Her name is L____, and
she is amazing. She knows Aunt Julie (and is dating Sister W's
cousin), and came to dinner at her house while we were there on
Friday. We were able to share the Restoration with her, and the spirit
was powerful. She already has a desire to be baptized and she is so
excited about family history and everything else. She is a miracle.
I'm thankful we got to share our testimonies with her(: I can't wait
to hear what happens with the missionaries in her area. 

 We had an amazing lesson with Brother H___________ this week. He is a
miracle. He has honestly made so many changes in his life over these
last couple months, and you can see it. He has a light in his eyes and
a brighter countenance. He has a joyful smile and when we have lessons
with him, we can tell that he is seeking after he goodness that is in
the gospel of Jesus Christ. He came to church yesterday, and he was
fasting for the spiritual strength he needs to make even more changes.
Seeing him in his suit and tie with a big smile on his face brought
tears to my eyes. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to know
him and I can't wait to see where he is five years from now. He is a
spiritual giant.

                                                                     Happy selfie! (: 

 Change is necessary. That's something I've learned in my 21 years of
experience. Something else I've learned is that change isn't easy nor
is it always convenient. But the biggest thing that I've learned about
change is that it is beautiful. It helps us to be better people, with
more chances to rely on the Savior for His comfort, peace, and
strength. I've never really been a person who feels "comfortable".
Maybe it's because I'm kinda awkward, I don't know, I just always felt
out of place. When the gospel became a part of my life, I found my
comfort zone. Not to say that the gospel doesn't drive me to do things
that are ridiculously hard for me (talking to random people,
acknowledging my weaknesses, overcoming sorrow), but I am comfortable
in the love and the divine plan of Jesus Christ. I feel like I belong.
I feel like I am home when I am truly living the gospel. It is the
best feeling in the world. I know that Christ will never ever leave us
comfortless(: 

 I love you all so much. Have an amazing week! 

 Love, Sister Allen