Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 45: "Sick and Tired...but Happy!"(:

                                                 Me and Sister Martin in our mustaches! (:


Okay, so I think I have laughed more this week than I have in my
entire mission. I'm not sure if it's because I'm sick and haven't
slept at all, or if it's because Sister Martin is hilarious, or both.
Probably both. Either way, this week was awesome and I hope you all
had a great week too(:


                                        Me and Sister Williamson at the ice cream party! (: 

 Monday was definitely bittersweet. It was Sister Williamson's last
full day here in Casper and it was a little heart wrenching to think
that she was leaving me. We had such a good day though. She got to say
goodbye to lots of people, and the Millers took us out for dinner. We
were able to have an awesome lesson with our investigator David. He is
so smart. We finished teaching him the Plan of Salvation, and he had
some really great questions. He's a sweet kid and he has a desire to
be baptized, which is really cool to see. As he asked questions, it
really made me think about how God's plan is so simple. It really is.
He's given us everything that we need in this life to be really and
truly happy. As we live the gospel and strengthen our relationship
with Him, we can have peace and joy in this life and a bright and
faith-filled hope for our future. I love it(: After David, we had a
goodbye ice cream party/lesson with Sister Thompson. And yes, there
was even special ice cream for me. It was fun/sad.


                                                  Sister W and I with Sister Thompson (:

Tuesday was a looooong day. Sister Williamson left around 9 and Sister
Martin didn't get to Casper until 7:30 pm. So Sister Mamea and I were
together all day(: it was super fun. She's so sweet. Once Sis. Martin
got here, we went and visited Chris and Ashlynn. We talked about the
Priesthood. It was so amazing hearing them talk about how the
Priesthood has blessed their lives. There was a really special spirit
as Chris talked about how he baptized his little sister. I am so
thankful for the Priesthood. It really is the power of God. I love
that it can't be used selfishly.
It's helped me at so many times in my life when I've needed comfort,
strength, and guidance, and I can't wait to see the blessings that it
brings to Chris and Ashlynn. 

 We had a really amazing lesson with Aunt Julie this week. We shared
the Mormon Message "The Refiner's Fire" with her and talked about
eternal families. The spirit was so powerful. We invited her to pray
to know if God's plan is true and she teared up and said she would do
it. It was a really cool experience. 

 We had dinner with Bobbi Sue and her family. It was great and I just
love them. We taught them the Restoration, and it was so cool to hear
Bobbi Sue bear testimony of everything, she has just grown so much and
I love seeing how much happier she is now. 

We also had a great lesson
with Brother Hoopes. He has such a light in his eyes now. He talked
about how he hasn't been this happy before, and how he wants his
brother to have that happiness in his life too. He is such a genuinely
good person, I know that his future is going to be full of so much joy
because of the changes that he is making now. Also, we got a new
Bishop! So that was exciting. I'll miss Bishop Geddes but I love
Bishop Gleason, so it works out. 

 This week I have learned a lot. I've especially learned the importance
of patience. I feel like this is something the Lord keeps helping me
refine. I love the people here. And often times, I know how happy they
could be if they would just live the gospel. The Spirit reminds me
that it's not my timing or plan that matters, it's Heavenly Fathers.
One of my favorite quotes is, 

"Patience is a willingness, in a sense,
to watch the unfolding purposes of God with a sense of wonder and awe,
rather than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance.
Put another way, too much anxious opening of the oven door and the
cake falls instead of rising. So it is with us. If we are always
selfishly taking our temperature to see if we are happy, we will not
be. It’s discouraging when plans fall through or don’t pan out as
expected. To our mortal minds, divine timing can be hard to
understand. But what I can understand is that God is a loving Father
who has a plan that guarantees eventual happiness if we are faithful,
and I am learning to accept His timing with confidence--not with
anxiousness,". 

I am striving to have more confidence and faith in
God's plan for me and for the people we are serving. I know that as I
learn to humble myself and rely on Him more, things will work out(:


                                                                      Sunrise drive!(:

Another thing I learned this week is that it is indeed possible to
sing/interpretive dance all the way to Fort Collins and back. Sister
Martin and I literally didn't stop the entire time (we had to go down
for MLC). I love Sister Martin so much already. She is seriously a ray
of sunshine. She used to be a missionary in New Zealand, but after
coming home for some health problems, she was reassigned here. She has
two transfers left, and she's from California. She's so full of energy
and we are basically the same person. 

A few funny things that happened
this week: Sister Martin was eating a muffin and was perched on the
arm of her chair, and all of a sudden she falls backwards with this
horrified look on her face (staring at the muffin). She hit the ground
and was like, "Don't worry! I saved the muffin!". And then last night,
we were both laying in bed, and we're both sick right now so we just
couldn't fall asleep. So we decided to jump back and forth between our
beds. It was really fun/probably dangerous because the lights were off
but we thought it was a good idea at the time. Also, we talk to each
other in accents all the time, I'm not sure why, it just sort of
happened. So that's awesome. 

 I love being a missionary. I love my Savior and I love my family. I'm
so thankful for all of you for supporting me and loving me on this
journey, and I want you to know that your prayers are definitely felt.
Have an amazing week! 

 Love, Sister Allen