Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 48: "He Will Give You Help" (:


                       "I stole Cash's ride and tried to make a quick getaway....not so easy when
                                                            you're wearing a skirt." (:


Hellooooo everyone!(: I am just so happy today. I hope you're all
happy too, and if not, hopefully this email can help, even if it's
just a little bit.
                                                                    "Sassy Sisters!" (:
This week was a little crazy. Sister Martin has finally recovered! But
for most of the week she was still sick, and then I got sick a couple
days ago and it was just a mess. Something that's awesome though is
that the Lord will always help you accomplish the things He needs you
to do. He will give you strength when you are running on empty, and He
will comfort you and lift you when you are burdened down by the things
of the world. He wants to help us, we just have to be humble enough to
ask(: so this week was humbling in a big way, because I was asking for
His help, a lot. 

 We went and heart attacked some members of the Ward this week. It was
really fun. I love helping people feel loved. So many people do so
much for us and this was our simple but sincere way of saying thank
you. 

 We had some awesome visits with Bobbi Sue this week, and she was at
church on Sunday(: I know I say this in every single email, but I just
love her so much. Brother Hoflund has had to work super late on
Saturdays, so he hasn't been able to make it to church. She came with
two of her kids, by herself, and it was amazing because all the talks
were on the sabbath and how hard it can be as a mom with kids to
really feel the spirit at church. I know that Bobbi Sue needed to be
there at church to hear that message. Heavenly Father loves her so
much, and every time we are with her I get a glimpse of that love and
it's the best feeling in the world.

                                                        "exchanges with Sister Waters" (:
We went on exchanges with the Wheatland Sisters on Wednesday! So much fun, I got to be back with my MTC companion, Sister Waters!(: she is so adorable and just loves to be doing the work of the Lord. It was really cool to see how much she's grown since the MTC. She is a truly amazing missionary. We had dinner with an awesome recent convert named Kaylee, and her husband Mike. It was really cool, the night before we were pondering what to teach them, and I just felt really impressed to share a message on the importance of reading the Book of Mormon daily. When we shared the message, Kaylee was like, "This is exactly what we've been struggling with lately! We've been so busy but we will definitely work on this,". It was awesome to see how the spirit helped us to help them(: That same day, we met a man named Eric. We were able to bear our testimonies that this really is Christ's church and His gospel restored to the earth today, and he agreed to meet with us for a lesson! So great.
                      "Sister Martin plays soccer too and I like this picture so here you go!"(:

The lesson with Eric was awesome. We had a super sweet return
missionary (Lindsay) come with us. We taught the Restoration, and the
spirit was powerful. I love bearing my testimony, and I love hearing
other people bear their testimony. I think you see people for who they
really are, how truly special and wonderful they are, when they are
stating what they love and know to be true. Hearing Sister Martin and
Lindsay talk about how the restored gospel has blessed their lives
just made me so happy. We all felt so good. I know if Eric will pray
and ask God about the message we shared, he will get an answer. No
doubts in my mind(: 

 This week has been a revelatory week to say the least. I feel like I
have been stretched and pushed to my limits; physically, mentally, and
spiritually. At times, I'm not going to lie it was a little
discouraging. There are some days that you can just feel the adversary
working on you. Then, one morning in personal study, I was reading a
talk by President Monson. This quote stuck out to me and totally
changed my perspective, 

"My brothers and sisters, to express gratitude
is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble,
but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven,". 

It
gave me chills when I read that! All week I had been praying for help
with so many things. And then the answer slapped me right across the
face. Be thankful. Live with gratitude in my heart, even if things are
not easy. Be grateful for everything, because there is a reason for
it. So that's what I decided to do. All my prayers turned into prayers
of thanks, even for the hard things. I have noticed such a huge
difference in my attitude, in my teaching, in the way I feel about
myself and the people around me! I'm just happy(:
                                                                  "Happy Selfie" (: 

 I know that there are no coincidences in life. God gives us people who
we need to be happy and to be better. He puts us in places where we
will grow and become who He needs us to become. He allows us the
chance to use our agency, to feel sorrow and remorse and hurt at
times, and then allows us to feel how wonderful and joyous it is when
we turn things around. His timing is perfect. He is perfect. And I
love Him.

 I'm thankful for this week. I'm thankful for the crappy days and the
good days. I'm thankful for my amazing companion. I'm thankful for the
fact that God has given me a best friend to talk to about life and
everything that comes with it. I'm thankful for each one of you(:

This week, I hope you can all think of some things that you're thankful for(: 

 Ofa Lahi Atu Kiate Koe! 
 Sister Allen