Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 49: "You Are Worth It" (:

                                                       Welcome to colorful Colorado!

Hi everybody!(: I hope you all had an amazing week, full of miracles
big and small. I know that we definitely did. The Lord is in the
details of our lives for sure(:

We had some really great lessons with Bobbi Sue this week. She is
amazing. She has a lot going on in her life right now, but she also
knows how important it is to make time for her relationship with her
Heavenly Father. We talked about the importance of the Lord's timing,
and how He gives us certain people and puts us in certain places for a
reason. She really is trying so hard to press forward through all the
difficult things that life throws at her. This is all new for her, but
I know that as she keeps trying her best and relying on the strength
of the Lord, she will be able to see miracles and blessings every day.


                                                                     Food poisoning....
                                                 
I hit my 11 month mark on Tuesday..and celebrated with food poisoning from the night before! So much fun. Not really, but I'm thankful that it only lasted for the day. Lindsay (an awesome RM who comes out with us) was so sweet and brought me Vitamin Water. And Sister Martin was super sweet and helped me have a good day still despite feeling pretty gross.


                                                what Sister Martin does while I am sick.....
We had a really inspiring District Meeting this week. Sister Martin and I were asked to give the training. It's amazing how the spirit works. The training we were given is something that we've really been struggling with, and as we studied and prepared, we received a lot of revelation on how to help the people that we are working with. It was a huge blessing and I'm very thankful that the Lord knows and understands our situations perfectly.


We also had a great MLC. I feel so motivated and excited to take the
things that we learned there and apply them to my missionary work. I
am thankful that the Lord provides opportunities for me to stretch and
grow and become better. I love progression, and I know that is a
fundamental part of God's plan for each of us.


                                FaceTime with our Sisters (they accept us and our weirdness)
Brother Hoopes, the less active man that we have been working with,
got a phone call for a job! He had fasted about it a couple weeks
before, and then he got this phone call. He knew it was a direct
answer to his prayers from Heavenly Father(: he works in the oil
field, and he will be going over to spend a couple months in Abu
Dhabi. He invited us over to have one more lesson/lunch with him
before he leaves. He invited his friend Angie and her little grandson
Terrance over as well. We felt strongly prompted to talk about God's
love and the power behind reading the Book of Mormon. The spirit was
really powerful as Brother Hoopes bore his testimony of how the Book
of Mormon has helped him feel the spirit in his life again. He said
he's going to take it with him on his trip and find a new favorite
scripture every day(: We brought these pictures of Christ with us. We
felt like we should bring two, even though we didn't know Angie would
be there. We were able to give her and Brother Hoopes both a picture.
On the back of hers, it said, "Lost No More,". She got emotional as
she stared at it. Brother Hoopes asked me to offer the closing prayer
since this might be the last time we see each other. I honestly can't
remember what I said, but Sister Martin said that Angie was tearing up
as I prayed. I am thankful for the love of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'm thankful that He helps me feel that love for other people. I
honestly love Brother Hoopes and am so proud of him for the changes he
has made and is continuing to make in his life. I can't wait to see
where the Lord leads him as he continues to embrace the gospel.

                                      Me and Sister Fife (I love her so much) looking                                                                             fabulous (being photo bombed by a stuffed hampster)

Sunday was such an amazing day. Angie and Terrance were supposed to
leave early that morning to go back to Cheyenne. To our surprise, they
came to church!(: we were so excited to see them there. Apparently
their car wouldn't start...coincidence? I think not. I love Angie.
She's so sweet and genuine and I know that the gospel can bless her
life. She stayed for all three hours of church and actively
participated in all the classes. Terrance had lots of fun in primary.
The teachers told us he was singing right along with all the songs
even though he didn't know any of the words. So cute(: he told us he
was happy to be at church. I'm just so happy for them!


                        The Fife's daughters made me and Sister Martin look pretty.


Something that absolutely terrifies me is getting up and bearing my
testimony. Not because I don't love to bear my testimony, but because
it's really intimidating talking in front of that many people.
Yesterday I felt strongly prompted to bear my testimony. As I sat
there with my hands shaking, Sister Martin said, "You need to go up
there. Someone will benefit from hearing your testimony today,". So I
went. As soon as I started talking, my heart calmed down and the
shaking stopped. I don't remember anything that I said, but I felt so
much joy and peace wash over me as I testified of what I know to be
true. Towards the end I said, "I know that I am a daughter of God, and
I know that He loves me, and I know that He loves all of you too,".
When I said it, I just felt this overwhelming sense of conviction in
my heart. I know that. I know that I have worth and value because I am
a child of God. I know that we are all His children and that He loves
us so much. 

Sometimes, we forget that because we forget to love
ourselves. Sister Martin always says, "It's easy to have charity for
others, but the hardest person to have charity for is the one in the
mirror,". 

 This transfer has taught me how to have more love for others, more
love for my Heavenly Father, and way more love for myself. I'm so glad
I bore my testimony yesterday, not just because other people needed to
hear it, but because I needed to hear it. I am so thankful for Jesus
Christ. I am so thankful for His Atonement. He gave his life for us.
Even though sometimes we feel like we are not good enough, like we
will never measure up, the Savior of the world looked at all of us and
chose to give His life for us because He felt that we were worth it.
We were worth the pain, the sorrow, the suffering. He did it all for
us. I know that He loves us.

 I know that our worth is "great in the
eyes of God,". I hope that we can all realize our worth and our
potential, and then "live so as to reach our possibilities,"(:

 I love you all. Thank you for your prayers, your love, and your
examples. Have an amazing week!

Love, Sister Allen