Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 51: "Humility is Beautiful"(:



Us with Fife girls! (:
Hello everybody!(: So many amazing things happened this week. I seriously love the gospel, and even though missionary work is really hard, I'm so thankful to be here in Casper sharing it with people. I hope you all had a fantastic week and that you felt God's love for you.

We had a really awesome lesson with Becca and Russ on Monday. We talked about the power of family prayers, and they both were so willing to start praying with their family. They have such genuine hearts, we're so excited to see how the gospel impacts every aspect of their families life. 

Broken door! (:

On Tuesday, we got a note left on our door saying that the electricity was getting shut off on Wednesday to our apartment complex because they are going to basically tear it all down, so we needed to find a new place to live. Luckily, an amazing member named Kris felt prompted to call us that morning. She said we could move in with her! So awesome(: It was also transfer day and a couple of our friends were getting transferred and we had new sisters coming in, so we wanted to go and say goodbye/hello to everyone. We were getting ready to leave and we realized that the keys were locked in the apartment. The window was shut too so we sat there for a little bit contemplating what to do. I realized that they would be tearing our apartment down anyway, so if I broke the door down it wouldn't matter. So I grabbed the handle and ran into it with my hip and shoulder and it flew open haha. I guess the squats are paying off? Anyways, we got to the church and it was sooo windy. We opened our doors, and a bunch of papers flew up from the seat and started hitting Sister Martin in the face. It was hilarious. I had to say goodbye to some of my really good friends. It was hard but I know they're going to do awesome things in their new areas!

Our new place! (:

We packed all of our stuff up and moved to Kris's on Wednesday. It was a pretty quick process, and we were so thankful to the people who helped us move everything over, and to Kris for letting us come with such short notice. People are so wonderful. I'm so grateful to know so many Christ-like individuals here. We had a great lesson with the Cadwallader's that evening. The spirit was very strong as we talked about the ability that the gospel gives us to change and become better. I'm so thankful for the infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ and for the chance that we all have to repent and really try to be better. I know that Christ will never give up on us. As long as we are willing to put forth the effort, He will help us every step of the way towards becoming who He needs and wants us to become.

We went and did service at Joshua's on Thursday. I love serving there. I love getting to talk to people and smile at them. Smiling is my favorite(: This man came in and said, "Thank you for being here, you are always so happy and you always say nice things to people even if they're not very nice to you. You brighten people's days!". It was so sweet. Then he told Sister Martin that her hair looked very nice (she had a giant clippy on top of her head because she always has to blow her bangs out of her face). Afterwards, we went to Sister Fife's house. I love her so much. She is such a good example to me of the kind of mom that I want to be someday. She's very patient and kind and hilarious. She reminds me of my mom in that way(: we spent time with her and her daughters. We laughed a lot and had a good talk about mawwiage. It was great. We got to have dinner and a lesson with Bobbi Sue too. She's so awesome. She's really been relying on prayer a lot lately and I think that is super amazing. I love her. 

Roof dog! (:

Friday was great! We got a new investigator. His name is Chuck and he's such a good person. He's the man that we met while he was out grilling a couple of weeks ago. We had a great lesson on the Restoration with him. He has a lot of faith and is so willing to read and pray, I can't wait to see how the gospel blesses his life. We also had a great first lesson with Cassie and Zach. They have asked to start meeting with us every week(: we're so happy and really thankful for this chance to share the gospel with them. They are really striving to know and do God's will. It's cool to see how positively it's effecting their relationship.

Us with our new roommate, Spike! (:
This week at church, we had a lesson on pride. It was amazing. One of my favorite quotes from the lesson was, "The proud depend upon the world to tell them whether they have value or not. Their self-esteem is determined by where they are judged to be on the ladders of worldly success. They feel worthwhile as individuals if the numbers beneath them in achievement, talent, beauty, or intellect are large enough. Pride is ugly. It says, “If you succeed, I am a failure.”,". I really do know that pride is a sin that leads to all the other sins. When we are prideful, we are not aligning our will with our Heavenly Father's will, we are simply seeking after what we want. I know that Jesus Christ is the perfect example of humility. He always put others before Himself, He reached out to those who were different than Him, He constantly sought to do His Father's will. I want to be more like that. I know that humility is truly what makes someone beautiful. I know that our Savior lived a beautiful life, and I know that following His example is what can really help us have true beauty in our lives and in who we are as individuals.

"Classy!" (:


I love you all so very much. You are so wonderful and your prayers are felt. I am thankful that I have such amazing people in my life, I know that God has placed certain people in my path for a reason(:

Have the best week ever!

Ofa Atu, Sister Allen