Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Week 60: "An Attitude of Gratitude"(:




Hi everyone!(: so I'm super exhausted and this email might not make sense, but I just want you all to know that I am so full of gratitude. This last week has been so busy and hard and crazy, but it has been wonderful and the Lord has literally been picking me up and helping me stay happy and excited about the work. I love Him(: 

So we found out this week that we will now be covering two wards, 4th and 6th. We know that the decision definitely has to be divine revelation because Casper 6th Ward is 30 minutes away from 4th wards boundaries, and the meeting times on Sunday are 30 minutes apart. It's been cool to already see some blessings there. Bobbi Sue's best friend Jaime and her family are in the Ward, and I've known them ever since I came to Casper. Her husband's not a member, but he's really wonderful. Their daughter Trish is so cute and I just love her. She came up and hug attacked me on Sunday. She was like, "You're my missionary now!! Finally!!!!!". Haha it might have made me tear up a little(: we are excited to get to work with two wards that are full of great people and lots of potential. It'll be great!!


We had an amazing lesson with Jennifer, the YSA girl that we are teaching. She really is one of our favorite people. She has a desire to learn and to grow in the gospel, and it's been awesome to see her start to have the foundation of a solid testimony. She isn't afraid to be herself and ask questions and she's just really amazing. We love her and she loves us and it's just really great(: she asked me about my conversion story in our lesson, and I was able to share it with her. It felt so good to reflect on the powerful and special moments that my Heavenly Father has provided me with. I am so thankful that He never stops reaching out to me, even though I am stubborn sometimes (okay a lot of the time). He never gives up on any of us, and I know that's true. The time where we feel the most alone is when He is wanting to help us the most, we just have to allow Him to do it.

Robert and Kendra are doing amazing. We had an awesome opportunity to do a special fast with them on Thursday. It was powerful and we had dinner together that night and broke the fast together. We taught about eternal marriage and the spirit was so strong. Robert told us that we are like daughters to them and that we are going to be great mothers someday(: honestly the best compliment I have ever received. It meant so much to me that he would say that. Kendra is amazing too, she has so much faith and knows that this gospel will bring her closer to God than any other. They are both so excited for their baptism this Saturday. Please keep them in your prayers, the week of your baptism is always the hardest, but we know that they have the Lord and so many others on their side(: 


We are teaching this sweet older couple named Bev and Errol. We had a lesson with them this week, and it was our second time going back. Bev has Alzheimer's, and it's pretty severe. The amazing thing? She remembered both of our names(: and as we discussed what they read in the Book of Mormon, she was so focused in on everything we said. There was a wonderful spirit in their home and they agreed to start from the beginning in 1 Nephi and read together. Errol is so awesome too, he's a runner and he had so many good questions about the gospel. As we were leaving, Bev hugged us both and said, "Please keep coming back!". So cute(: I love them.

Heavenly Father sent me some angels this week. One was Sister Jensen. We went on exchanges on Tuesday and she came here to be with me in Casper. She is seriously so sweet and just a genuinely caring human being. It was so fun spending time with her and learning from her. I love her a lot and she helped me so much. The other was Brittany, an awesome member in 4th Ward. She served a mission in Paris, and she really helped Sister Tahere and I de-stress from all the craziness going on. I love her(: 

So this week, I'm studying the gospels and the student manual that goes along with them. Something I'm realizing is that all the apostles were so different. Matthew is really smart, he knows a lot of facts and history. Mark likes the action packed stuff and is detailed and kinda spazzy I would imagine. John is very bold and loves to bear strong testimony and speak of the Savior as who he is and less about what he did. And then there is Luke. He loves to talk about the love, mercy, and forgiveness that is found in Christ's Atonement. I feel like Luke and I are kindred spirits. The biggest thing I realized is that while all the apostles testify differently, their purpose is the same; to bring others to Christ. I feel like that correlates directly with each and every one of us. We are all so different, with different backgrounds and testimonies, but each one is needed in this work. It's so important to just be yourself and bear your testimony the way you know how, because that is why God made us all individual and different. I'm so thankful for the person that God made me(: I have my strengths and my weaknesses, but I am me and I'm happy with that(: 


With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I've been thinking a lot about all that I'm thankful for. The list is too long to put in an email, but I want you all to know that I am incredibly thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am thankful for His grace, His love, and His knowledge of who I am and how to help me. I'm thankful for my parents and my siblings, my grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles, who love me unconditionally. I'm thankful for sunrises and sunsets, I'm thankful for the little moments where me and my companion sing hymns really loud in the car, and I'm thankful for all of the people in my life(: Albert Einstein said, "There are only two ways to live life; one, as if nothing is a miracle, and one as if everything is a miracle,". I prefer the second one(: I hope we can all recognize the little miracles this week and always.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!(: I love you all so much!

Love, Sister Allen