Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 62: "The Generous One" (:



Hello everyone(: honestly, my heart is so full of joy right now. I had
some of the most spiritual experiences of my life this week. I highly
doubt that I'll be able to express my thoughts clearly, but I will try
my best!! 

 We had a spa day with Kendra and Robert on Monday, and Kendra painted
our nails. She is such a sweetheart. Seriously Mom and Dad, I can't
wait for you to meet these people(: we watched The Testaments all
together, and as per usual, we laughed for the whole first hour and
cried at the last five minutes. It was such a fun day, just spending
time with people that are so near and dear to my heart.

They had their interview with President the next day. Robert said that
President Brown said that it's not normal for a missionary to stay
longer than six months in an area, but that I stayed here for them(:
so cool. The Lord has a perfect plan and timing for everyone. I'm
thankful that my plan was to be here at this time to witness this
amazing transformation. After their interviews, there was a beautiful
sunset that lit up the sky with a big pillar of light in the middle.
It was like Heavenly Father was rejoicing and it was such an amazing
thing to see(: we were all so happy. 

In our lesson with them that
night, Robert said some things that I really needed to hear. It was an
answer to my prayers, and I know that he was speaking the things that
Heavenly Father wanted me to know. Afterwards, Kendra gave me a hug
and it was like getting a hug from Mom. It was such a miraculous
night, I won't ever forget it. 

 We had an amazing last District Meeting. The Zone Leaders were there
too, and we had a conversion story and testimony bearing meeting. It
was honestly the best District Meeting I've ever been too. Elder
Stock, one of our Zone Leaders, shared his conversion story. As he
spoke, it was like I was hearing my little brother Adam speak.
Everything he said gave me an insight on how my little brother must
have felt when I left my family and the gospel. The spirit was so
strong and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm so thankful for
the healing power of Christ's Atonement, and that it has helped
rebuild those bridges in me and Adam's relationship.

The biggest highlight of this week was Robert and Kendra's baptism(:
oh my goodness you guys, it was amazing! They are so full of love and
joy, it is absolutely beautiful. They showed up and got into their
white outfits. We didn't have any quite big enough for Robert, so he
wore this one that was a little tight and had an awesome collar. He
looked like Elvis hahah(: Kendra looked beautiful and they were both
just glowing! Lots of awesome members showed up to support them. 

They
asked Sister Tahere and I to be the speakers. Sister Tahere spoke on
baptism, and did a great job. Then, they were baptized by their friend
Mark. They were so cute afterwards, they had the biggest smiles on
their faces. After that, Sister Tahere and I sang "Come Unto Christ".
We did it acapella and it felt so good to finally sing in front of
people again!!(: Sister Tahere has helped me work up the confidence to
do that again. Then, I gave my talk on the Holy Ghost. I was nervous,
but the spirit helped me say exactly what needed to be said. It felt
so good(: They got confirmed and bore their testimonies together and
it was just the best day ever. They are amazing.

We got to go over and have a lesson with them and Lexi the next day. I
love Lexi so much(: it's so crazy, there are some people who are just
so familiar, I know that Lexi is one of the people I was meant to meet
here. Every time we hug it's the happiest thing ever, like we've known
each other for ages. She has such a huge piece of my heart. We taught
the Restoration, and as the lesson was coming to a close, I had the
strongest prompting to express how much God loves her and how much we
love her, and how special she is. It felt so good. 

 In the Christmas devotional, I love how Christ was described as "The
Generous One,". This week, so many wonderful people have been generous
towards me and Sister Tahere. Examples: This sweet sister named Marla
let us come into her home and treated us like family. The lady at the
gas station spotted us a dollar so we could get quarters for laundry.
Sister Ungricht got us beautiful necklaces for Christmas. Robert and
Kendra saw that my watch was cracked so they got me a new one and got
a necklace for Sister Tahere. And then when they found out that my
blender broke, they showed up at our apartment with a blender, fruit,
and protein powder for me. It was honestly the sweetest thing ever,
and I couldn't help but cry tears of joy. All those acts of kindness,
that they didn't have to do, were so generous. Normally, I would have
a really hard time with people giving us stuff like that, but it was
so easy to see that it was motivated out of love. I was reading in
Mosiah, and it talked about how the Nephites were going through some
really hard times, but they pressed forward with their own strength
and went to battle against the Lamanites. Every time, they lost. After
the third time, they were humbled so greatly that they cried out to
God, which enabled Him to ease their burdens. He didn't take them
away, but He made them lighter. Eventually, the Lord brought them out
of captivity and into a better place, but it all required their
reliance on Him and in the servants that He sent to them.
Humility is something that I've been working on. It's not easy for me
to just open up and tell people when I'm struggling. I just want to be
happy and do the work and forget about all the other stuff. This last
week, Kendra and Robert and my companion were all able to help me to
open up and just be honest about it all. When that happened, I also
realized that I need to be more honest with the Lord in asking for His
help and strength with my struggles. I have felt my burdens lightened
in a huge way as I have turned to Him. They haven't gone away, but my
capacity to bear them and feel happy while doing so has increased. I'm
so thankful for the love and generosity of my close ones, and I'm so
thankful for the generous nature of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know
that He lives, and I know that He sends people into our lives to help
us through the difficulties of life. I'm thankful for the people He
has placed in my life(: 

 I love you all, have a great week!(: 

 Love, Sister Allen 

 PS: SIX MORE WEEKS IN CASPER WITH SISTER TAHERE(:

 Pictures: the best things in life(: