Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 66: "I Love the Lord" (:

"Me, Sister Tahere, Marla and her cute dog Rio, but we call him Bunny!" haha
Hello everybody!(: this week was beautiful and wonderful in every way possible.
On Monday, I got my hair cut, and it was awesome because I got to
share my conversion story with Theresa (the lady who cut my hair). She
opened up and talked to me about her family and her life and it was a
really great opportunity to share with her about how the gospel
blesses families(: Abby came and hung out with us all day and we got
to know her better. She is like one of my kindred spirits. 

 We had a really amazing lesson with our investigator Connie this week.
She is such a sweetheart. She has been reading and praying and we
taught her about the Plan of Happiness this week. It was a very sacred
experience, especially as she talked about her father who passed away.
We were able to tell her about the Spirit World, and the fact that her
father will be able to learn about the gospel there. Her eyes were
full of tears and she was so excited. At the end of the lesson, she
said the closing prayer, and she simply said, "Heavenly Father, thank
you..". It was such s beautiful moment and the Spirit was so powerful. 

 We also had a wonderful lesson with the Peterson's. Brother Peterson
is so awesome and he said that when he knows the gospel is true, he'll
be baptized(: we taught the rest of the Restoration, and talked about
Joseph Smith and his experience. Brother Blank came with us and he
bore a powerful and humble testimony of Joseph Smith. You could tell
that Brother Peterson really resonated with what he said. After the
lesson, he turned to us and said, "I'm going to practice praying so
that I can say it the next time you come over,". So awesome(: 

 Okay, so, I love the Lien family. Honestly, some of my favorite people
in this world. Sister Lien is best friends with Bobbi Sue, and Bobbi
Sue and her family were out of town this week. So we went over and
cleaned her house for her while she was gone. It felt so good to do
service for someone that I love so much(: On Sunday, we had another
family night with the Lien's. Brother Lien stayed in for the whole
lesson and paid close attention, he even asked questions at the end.
We taught about the Plan of Happiness, and it was such an amazing
experience. As we spoke about eternal families, and being able to be
together forever, long after this life, I was staring right at Brother
Lien. As I did, I just pictured him wearing white and being sealed to
his awesome wife and his wonderful kids. I love them all so much(: he
has changed in so many ways already, and I know that things will work
out exactly the way the Lord wants them too. 

 Yesterday at church, Robert got to pass the sacrament and he bore his
testimony(: he and Kendra are so wonderful. They are growing so close
to the Lord, and it's because they want to, that's the desire of their
hearts. I know God is going to bless them in so many ways. 

 As you can see, we taught a lot about the God's amazing plan for His
children. I am so incredibly thankful for the knowledge of this plan.
My end goal is to live with my Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother and
Jesus Christ again after this life(: I can't wait to give them all a
big hug. And I want all of my friends and my family to be there with
me. That is why I'm out here. Because I love the Lord and because I
love them. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and that it
works. I know that it's the only thing that brings true happiness, and
it will bring us back home to God(: I love my mission. I am so
thankful for the blessings that it brings into the lives of those I
love and into my own life.

"Sister Tahere and I, she is awesome!" (:
Honestly the best way I can describe how I feel is Alma 26: 16
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will
rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever.
Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much
of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering
towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the
smallest part which I feel,". 

 I love the Lord, and I love all of you!

 Have a great week(:

Sister Allen