Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 75: "If I Trust Him"(:

"Me and my new lovely, wonderful companion Sister Larson" (:

Okay everyone, this week has been absolutely fantastic(: I love Wellington, I love Sister Larson, and I love Heavenly Father. He is so perfect, especially in His timing and His understanding of what people need. 

So, funny story first, Sister Larson and I got ANOTHER gun pulled on us this week...we are starting to think that we just look pretty intimidating standing on people's doorsteps. Luckily, he realized it was us and put it away and then invited us inside to come teach him and his wife. So everything is okay(: (just so you know mom)

Oh my goodness, we saw miracles this week. All of them were amazing, but I'll tell you about my most favorite(: We are teaching an amazing family that the Sisters had met a week previous. They weren't that interested, but they said their daughter Jenna might be. So we went back to see if Jenna was home, but she wasn't. We ended up sitting down and talking to the mom, Angie, and her daughter Megan, who is my age. We have so much in common it's kinda crazy. We asked if we could share the Restoration with them, and they said yes! As we did, the Spirit filled the room. When we spoke of the Priesthood and Joseph Smith's experience, Angie and Megan both said, "You know, that makes sense!" (: I love it when that happens. Angie asked how I came to know these things are true, and I was able to share a little bit of my own faith building experiences. As I did, Megan looked me right in the eyes and said, "You know Sister Allen, you were sent here for me, because I'm exactly where you were at 2 years ago and I need help,". Tears filled my eyes, because earlier that morning I had prayed to know who I needed to help in Wellington and why I came here. In that moment I felt so much love for my Heavenly Father and for Megan, I'm so grateful that Sister Larson and I have the chance to teach these beautiful people(:
"Saying goodbye to Sister Jenksy" :(
Jenna, their other daughter, came home from soccer this weekend, and we got to share the Restoration again with her and Megan and Angie last night. As Sister Larson testified of Joseph Smith, Angie also testified of his experience and of the Book of Mormon. Sister Larson and I looked at each other with the happiest smiles. It was so neat to hear her teach her daughter the gospel. Jenna and Megan both said prayers in our lesson, and they are going to start reading the Book of Mormon together every day(: I know that Heavenly Father has been preparing this family for the gospel, and we are so grateful.

We had a really amazing experience at a members home last night. We went over and ate dinner, and while we were eating I felt really promoted to ask them what it is that they love most about each other. When I did, they looked at each other in silence for a little bit, and then the dad looked at me. He said, "That was definitely prompted by the Spirit, because before you girls came, we were in a pretty big fight,". They went on to tell us what they loved about each other, and their conversion stories. Tears were shed and you could see that they really do love each other so much. Sometimes little things that irritate us can cause us to forget how much we love someone. When I think about that, I think about how many little things I do that would probably irritate Heavenly Father, how many times I make the same mistakes and how many times I continually apologize. Yet He NEVER gets irritated with me or tired of working through things with me. He loves me unconditionally, and that's a love that I want to strive to have in all of my relationships with the people in my life(: when we left their home, the mom and the dad said, "Thank you so much for the happiness that you brought into our home tonight, it made a big difference,". The Spirit is awesome(: 
"Reunited with my Casper fam!" (:
This week I have been thinking a lot about what it means to trust someone. The definition of the word itself is, "Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something,". Something that I realized this week is that I need to have more trust in my Father in Heaven. I've been reflecting a lot this week on moments in the past where God has illuminated the way before me, but that didn't happen until after I acted in faith. In Mormon 9:20-21, it says, "And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust. Behold, I say unto you that whoso believe that in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all...". 
"together with the Casper Fam" (:

I realized this week that I doubt sometimes. When I pray and I seek for answers or help with what is currently happening in my life, I pray with the intent to act on the answer I receive, but do I pray and really believe that I will receive an answer in the first place? Heavenly Father knows us, He wants us to be able to press forward and progress in life, but He can't drag us down the path to eternal life. It's a choice, and sometimes the choice has to be to continue to take steps down the path, even if the way before us isn't lit up yet. God has promised us that if we trust Him and we continue to move forward with faith, the light will come eventually, when He knows it will be best for us. I'm grateful for gradual light, I'm grateful for the things that test my faith, because I know in the end it is for my growth and my understanding, and I know that God's ways are so much higher than my own(:

I hope that this week, we can all put our trust in the Lord and move forward in life(: I love you all, thank you for all that you do for me.

Love, Sister Allen