Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 76: "Fear Not, I Am With Thee"(:

"I have the most beautiful, wonderful companion!"(:

Hello everybody!(: this week was fantastic. We witnessed miracle after
miracle, and I just love my companion. I couldn't ask for a better
place to be than right here in Wellington(: 

 We had an amazing lesson with Char, this beautiful lady who the
Sisters have been teaching off and on for a while. She's been through
so much in her life, but from the time she was a little girl she was
able to find strength through the Savior. She has read the Bible many
different times and has read the Book of Mormon four times now. She
has a strong faith and wants to follow Christ, and we were able to
invite her to pray about a baptismal date this week(: we were also
able to have a great discussion about prophets and the fact that
President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of the world today. I know
that he really is a man called of God, you can see it in the goodness
that he radiates and the love he has for all of Heavenly Father's
children. I know that Char will come to know that is true too as she
prays about it. 

 An awesome member in our Ward gave us the number for a lady that she
works with. Her name is Mary and we had a lesson with her this week(:
Mary used to be a member of the church. She has gone down many
different paths in life, and she has a sincere desire to change. She
has already made so many amazing steps back towards God, and as we
taught about Joseph Smith's experience, she said, "I know it's true,
no doubts. It feels good and it makes sense,". The Spirit prompted us
to speak about the Atonement and Christ's ability to heal. As we did,
my heart was full of joy because my testimony of the healing power of
the Atonement has grown exponentially on my mission. I know that Jesus
Christ perfectly understands my physical and mental struggles because
He has experienced all of them. Each day when I pray for healing and
strength, I feel a renewal of Spirit and a resolve to keep trying,
even if I don't physically feel that much better. That's the enabling
power of the Savior, and it's available to every single one of us. So
awesome(:
"Reunited with Sister Thompson!! I was her STL (sister training leader) when she started her mission!"(:
We had an amazing dinner/lesson with Mark, a less active who is coming
back to the gospel. He is such a kind soul(: his whole family is
wonderful. We had a lesson on the Plan of Happiness after dinner, and
Lily and Jen, two of their non-member friends, sat in and listened.
Lily is a little girl, and she had so many awesome questions. At the
end of the lesson, we asked everyone, "What is the first thing you're
going to do when you see Christ again?". Mark's response was so sweet.
This muscular, tough man said, "I'm going to fall down at His feet and
cry,". That brought tears to my eyes(: 

 We contacted an older investigator named Olga, and she said we could
come back the next day and teach her daughter and grandsons(: we
taught the Restoration and brought Bailee (a young woman in the Ward)
with us. The Spirit was just beautiful, and Olga's daughter began to
cry. She spoke about how she wants to be prepared to see her Savior
again, and she knows she's not ready. The Spirit helped me to bear a
fervent testimony of our ability to change through Christ's Atonement.
Sister Larson invited all three of them to be baptized, and they said
yes(: I asked if they would prepare for April 9th, and now that is
their special day(: I love these beautiful souls and am so excited for
them and so proud of Sister Larson for following the Spirit and
inviting. I love my companion!(:

 We also had an amazing lesson with Megan. This girl is honestly my
kindred spirit, I know without a doubt that I was sent here to
Wellington to meet her. We taught about the Plan of Salvation, and she
had wonderful questions and kept saying she felt so happy as we
explained God's great gift of agency and of the Spirit World. She was
like, "This makes so much sense..I love it!". She has been reading and
praying and feels really good about the gospel. She said that she
wants to be baptized by someone who holds the Priesthood(: she's
praying about a date right now, so if you all could keep her in your
prayers that would be great!

 Little miracle for the week: we were in Fort Collins getting our car
worked on, and the Zone Leaders called and asked if we would sing at
Zone Conference. So we started practicing songs. An older man sitting
next to us got up and turned off the television and said, "You know,
I'd much rather listen to the beautiful songs that you're singing than
watch the tv,". He listened to us sing for 30 minutes and when we left
he said, "God bless you girls!". So sweet(: music definitely touches
people's hearts.
"This is Wellington!" (:
This week I've been thinking a lot about fear. Our Zone Leaders gave a
great training on it this past week, and I haven't gotten it off my
mind. There are so many things in our lives that we are afraid of.
Three of mine: not being good enough, not being able to be bold
enough, and sharks (this last one doesn't really pertain to what I
spiritually learned this week, but they terrify me). I was thinking
this week about why I am afraid of these things, and I realized that
it's because of the world and because of the adversary. Christ never
motivates through fear, He motivates through love and faith. Feelings
of inadequacy and nervousness never originate in Heavenly Father and
His Spirit. In John 16:33, it says, "These things I have spoken unto
you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have
tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.". I love
that so much. I have realized time and time again throughout my
mission and my life that I need to be able to go to Heavenly Father
and my Savior and ask for their grace to help me in my time of need.
Every time I do, the fear dissipates and I am able to do what They
need me to. And every time I don't, I miss an opportunity to do
something great. I want to be someone that the Lord can count on, and
I know that comes through overcoming my fears.

 This week, I hope we can all identify what we are afraid of, and then
take it to our Savior and lay it at His feet. We have nothing to fear,
because He really has overcome the world(: faith in Him helps us to
overcome it too, and we will come out stronger, better, and bolder
people because of it.

 I love you all! Have a wonderful week(:

 Love, Sister Allen